Effective Date: October 25, 2019
For more information on how we collect, use, and share information about the videos you view on our Service, see our Video Privacy Notice and Consent.
Introduction and Overview.
Information Collected About You.
Information You Provide.
We and our Service Providers (defined below) may collect information you provide directly via the Service. For example, we collect information when you register an account, sign up for a subscription, access videos or other content, conduct a search, or otherwise communicate or transact with us through the Service.
The information we collect may include Personal Information. "Personal Information" is information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination), such as your first and last name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and payment card information. We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and date of birth, and other demographic information. You may choose to voluntarily submit certain other information to us through the Service, including Personal Information, but you are solely responsible for your own Personal Information in instances where we have not requested that you submit such information to us.
In some cases, we may collect information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our Service to send other people (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) messages through our system (such as an invitation to an event), information that may interest them, or products as a gift, we may collect your information, and the information of each such recipient. By using this functionality, you acknowledge and agree that both you and the recipient are based in the United States, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand and that you have the recipient’s consent for us to use his or her contact information to fulfill your request.
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to fulfil the applicable purpose of collection, such as to provide the Service, respond to requests or enquiries, or tailor our Service to you in a more beneficial way.
Information Collected Automatically.
The methods that may be used on the Service to collect Usage Information include:
- Log Information: Log information is data about your use of the Service, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, which is stored in log files
- Information Collected by Tracking Technologies: Cookies, web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"), embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, device fingerprinting, in-app tracking methods, and other tracking technologies now and hereafter developed (“Tracking Technologies”) may be used to collect information about your interactions with the Service or e-mails, including information about your browsing and activity behavior.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's device for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our Service. A persistent cookie remains on your device for an extended period of time. When you visit our Service, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our Service and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our Service, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our Service.
Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”)
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user's devices, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the Service and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We may include web beacons in promotional or other e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether you have opened the messages and the subsequent action taken by you.
An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location.
In-App Tracking Methods.
There are a variety of tracking technologies that may be included in mobile apps, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device identifier, or other identifiers such as “Ad IDs” to associate app user activity to a particular app and to track user activity across apps.
Some information about your use of the Service and certain Third Party Services (defined below) may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by us and third parties for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Service and certain Third Party Services.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them, please see “Third Party Services, Features, and Devices” and “Your Choices” below.
Information from Other Sources.
How We Use the Information We Collect.
We may use information about you, including your Personal Information, for the following types of purposes:
- Manage our Service, including your registration, subscriptions, and account.
- Authorize your access to the Service and enforce content protections.
- Deliver the content and services that you have requested.
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide you with customer support.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our and third party content or services.
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes.
- Improve the Service or other Connected Ventures websites, applications, marketing efforts, products and services.
- Develop and display content, features, and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service as well as on other platforms and services.
- Send you advertisements and communicate with you about our and third party products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services that may be of interest to you (for information about how to manage these communications and marketing efforts, please see “Your Choices” below).
- Fulfill any other purpose with your consent.
- Such other purposes as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
Sharing of Information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you through your use of our Service.
- Content Suppliers: When you view any content on the Service, including videos, we may share your information with the third party companies that provide such content for the Service for purposes of understanding trends and activities and developing better content for the Service. For more information on how we collect, store, use, and share information about the videos you view on our Service, see “Viewing Information” below and our Video Privacy Notice and Consent.
- Business Partners: When you make purchases or engage in any sweepstakes, contests, surveys, or other promotions (“Promotions”) offered through any of our Service, we may share your information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, and/or Promotions. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your e-mail address and other information to that merchant. In addition, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a Promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Affiliates: We are part of the IAC family of businesses (go to www.iac.com for a listing of these businesses). We may share information with the IAC companies. Sharing information with our IAC companies enables us to provide you with information about a variety of products and services that might interest you.
We may also share information about you with third parties for the following purposes:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- With our affiliates, business partners, and other third parties for their own direct marketing purposes (California residents have certain rights set forth in “Your California Privacy Rights” below).
- With your consent or at your direction.
- Such other purposes as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose.
In certain circumstances, we may need to share information about the videos you view on our Service along with other information we have about you, including your Personal Information (such as your name or address) and other Usage Information (such as an IP address, device identifier, or precise location data). By using the Service, you consent to our doing so, including the collection, use, and sharing as described in our Video Privacy Notice and Consent. For more information, please review that policy.
Third Party Services, Features, and Devices.
Our Service contains content from and hyperlinks to websites, locations, platforms, and services operated and owned by third parties (“Third Party Services”). In addition, our Service contains features that allow you to interact with, connect to, or access our Service through certain Third Party Services and third party devices (“Third Party Features”). For example, you use a Third Party Feature when you connect your account to a Third Party Service, such as through Facebook Connect, or “like” or “share” content over social media through our Service. Likewise, you interact with our Service when you chat with one of our chatbots on a Third Party Service. Remember that third parties may use Tracking Technologies to independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal Information from you. Also, if you use a Third Party Feature, both we and the applicable third party may have access to and use information associated with your use of the Third Party Feature. If you publicly reference our Service on a Third Party Service (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with us in a tweet or post), we may use your reference on or in connection with our Service.
Our Service also contains Tracking Technologies operated by third parties. For example, we may use Tracking Technologies from analytics services, such as Google Analytics, on our Service to help us analyze your use of the Service, compile statistic reports on the Service’s activity, develop and display content and features tailored to your interests, and provide other services relating to Service activity and internet usage. We may also allow advertising agencies, ad networks, and other third parties to display advertisements on our Service, and use Tracking Technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements and Tracking Technologies. This information allows them to track your activities across time and services, and tailor ads to you based on your activities, which may include sending you an ad on a Third Party Service or third party device after you have left the Service (“Interest-based Advertising”).
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them, please see “Information Collected Automatically” above and “Your Choices” below.
If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to review, update, and remove certain information you have voluntarily submitted to us by logging in to your account. You can also access, update, correct and remove your personal information by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com or sending a written request to the mailing address below. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. To the extent required by law, we will provide access, or make updates, corrections or removals of your Personal Information, and will transmit the amended information to third parties having access to your Personal Information.
California residents have additional rights set forth in “Your California Privacy Rights” below.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline or remove regular cookies. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately. With respect to our mobile apps, you can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app. Also, you may be able to exercise specific privacy choices, such as enabling or disabling certain location-based services, by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
If you choose to decline or remove certain Tracking Technologies, such as cookies, please note that you may not be able to use some of the interactive features offered on our Service. Also, when you revisit the Service your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
You may exercise choices regarding receipt of Interest-based Advertising by submitting opt outs. Some of the advertisers and Service Providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our partners may participate in self-regulatory regimes relating to Interest-based Advertising in your jurisdiction, including the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Interest-based Advertising, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices, and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices for information on the DAA’s opt out program for mobile apps. Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt out options for their members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of Interest-based Advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). Connected Ventures is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
You can opt-out of receiving certain promotional communications (e-mails and push notifications) from us at any time by (i) for e-mails, following the instructions as provided in e-mails to click on the unsubscribe link, or sending an e-mail to us firstname.lastname@example.org with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the e-mail; and (ii) for push notifications or in-app messages, adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address and device used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions or, for e-mails, non-promotional communications, such as those regarding service announcements, administrative notices, your account information or transactions, or Connected Ventures’ ongoing business relations. Also note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional e-mail communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as an event provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
- Your California Privacy Rights.
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers in California to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, for those third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business should either provide California customers certain information upon request or permit California customers to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing.
Connected Ventures may share personal information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law with third parties and/or affiliates for such third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain information about our compliance with this law, please send an e-mail to us at email@example.com a letter to us at Connected Ventures, LLC, 330 W. 34th Street, New York, New York 10011. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that Connected Ventures is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.
Please note that any users of the Service who are under the age of eighteen (18) are in violation of our Terms of Service. However, any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Service and posted content or information on the Service, can request that such information be removed from the Service by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must state that the user personally posted such content or information and detail where the content or information is posted. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view.
Our Service is a general audience service, and not directed to children under thirteen (13) years of age. Connected Ventures does not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and believe Connected Ventures has collected such information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please send an e-mail to us at email@example.com or a letter to us at Connected Ventures, LLC, ℅ Legal Department, 330 W. 34th Street, New York, New York 10011, and we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA.
We take reasonable security measures to help safeguard your Personal Information from loss, theft, misuse, interference and unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure.
Visiting Our Service from Outside the United States.
If you are an international user and wish to obtain written information about our policies and practices regarding service providers outside of your country, contact our privacy officer (see question 14 below).
Connected Ventures LLC
330 West 34th Street
New York, New York 10011
United States of America
If you are not satisfied that your request has been handled properly, you may refer your request to your local privacy regulator.